Finding the right resources for you or your loved one’s needs after brain injury is critical. Below, we have compiled general resources, such as links to the Georgia Brain and Spinal Injury Trust Fund Commission to register your injury and apply for grants for certain kinds of post-acute care and rehabilitation for Traumatic Brain Injuries and/or Spinal Cord Injuries. These may include Transportation, Assistive Technology, Durable Medical Equipment, Personal Support, Therapies such as Cognitive, Physical, Occupational, Speech and Vision; Counseling and Neuropsychological testing.
Have other questions? Send a detailed message to our Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) using our contact form and we’ll follow up to assist with your needs. To speak directly to our specialist, call us at 404-712-5504 or use our toll free National Information Center Hotline 800-444-6443.
To help our CBIS better serve you please include detailed information on type of BI ( how did it happen), how long ago, current age, COUNTY, a brief description on type of help you need or questions you may have. Need a packet of brain injury information? You may request information to be sent via email or mail (requires email and mailing address). Be sure to indicate the type of brain injury.
Our Certified Brain Injury Specialist offers:
1. Education and guidance about brain injury, symptoms and coping strategies.
2. Resources customized to the individual need such as service providers, long term/short term care, financial, transportation, …..and so much more.
3. Designated Service Provider and mobile benefits counselor statewide through the Georgia State Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC); assessments & application assistance for Medicaid/Waivers/food stamps and other state programs.
4. Resource, Education, Guidance consultant to patients and families in metro Atlanta hospitals.
5. Self-advocacy centered on collaborative partnerships with family and service providers.
6. A Care and Support Plan, sometimes called a thoughtful “Letter of Intent”, to help family or guardian describe the person’s history, current status and that they hope for their loved one in the future.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Know of a resource that you don’t see listed? Are you someone who provides services and resources to people with brain injury? Contact us to have your information considered to be added to our site after review and approval! There may be a fee to be added as a resource.
The Georgia Brain and Spinal Injury Trust Fund Commission offers an opportunity apply for a grant. You may go online to register your injury and apply for grants for certain kinds of post-acute care and rehabilitation.
These may include Transportation, Assistive Technology, Durable Medical Equipment, Personal support, Therapies such as Cognitive, Physical, Occupational, Speech, and Vision; Counseling and Neuropsychological testing.
Visit their website for details.
Must have a traumatic brain injury TBI or spinal cord injury SCI caused by a fall, struck by an object/person, assault, self inflicted injury, sports/recreation injury, transportation/motor vehicle accident